Ethical Standards for the Open House Community
To the best of my ability I will:
• Be familiar with and respect the mission, policies, and procedures of the school.
• Support and participate in school activities.
• Communicate concerns regarding school policies or staff directly to the school.
• Value and build partnership with the Open House Community.
• Respect and support the individuality and diversity of all members of the school community, including differences in teaching styles, learning styles, parenting styles, and lifestyles.
• Demonstrate integrity and responsible behavior.
• Encourage and support the peaceful resolution of conflicts.
• Respect the privacy of other families and students in the school community.
• Communicate openly and honestly with other families in the school community regarding the health, safety, and well being of our children.
• Be open to new ideas and be willing to learn from the suggestions of others.